IDS5 acts as an electronic binder, providing immediate access to a wide range of operational information and support data, while also promoting the safety and efficiency of operations. Compared to other IDS products, IDS5 is not just a weather and document viewer but is also a true collaboration tool.
An Efficient System
Operators have immediate access to large quantities of information that they would otherwise obtain from printed reference materials and content such as approach charts and publications can be updated across the entire system in seconds. IDS5 declutters the work environment by displaying a wide variety of data from multiple sources onto a single display to increase situational awareness and reduce required workspace.
IDS5 further improves workplace efficiency through an intuitive Graphical User Interface (GUI), which minimizes operator actions. SAI has delivered various models of IDS to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), United States Department of Defense (DOD), and various other commercial and governmental aviation facilities.
IDS5 is the core software “engine” in:
- the FAA’s Automated Surface Observation System (ASOS) Controller Equipment – Information Display System (ACE-IDS)
- the United States Air Force (USAF) Airfield Automation System (AFAS), the United States Army Airfield Automation System (AAAS)
- IDS-Airport Operations (IDS-AO)
- IDS-Command and Control (IDS5-C2), within various DOD facilities that are non-ATC.
IDS5 is adaptable enough to meet and exceed the data display needs in many settings and is flexible enough to be the primary display for diverse information.
- FAA and Military ATC facilities (Towers, RADAR)
- Airfield management/base operations facilities
- Airfield or airport maintenance facilities
- Airline and airport operations centers
- Automated Flight Service Stations
- Emergency management facilities
- Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting
- Dispatch operations, Weather stations
- Training facilities.
- Weather conditions
- Aircraft types
- Airfield status
- Runways in use
- Emergency action checklists
- Publications, etc.
- Digital ATIS
- Runway Visual Range (RVR)
- Digital Altimeter Setting Indicator (DASI)
- Low Level Alert Windshear Alert System (LLWAS)
- Automated surface Observing System (ASOS)
- Flight Data Input/Output (FDIO)
- Notices to Airman (NOTAMS)
- Significant Meteorological Information (SIGMETS)
- Automation of Field Operations and Services (AFOS)
- Meteorological Aerodrome Report (METAR)
- Instrument Landing System (ILS)
- Terminal Doppler Weather Radar (TDWR)
- Information Display System 4 (IDS4)
- Air Force Airfield Automation System (AFAS)
- Army Airfield Automation System (AAAS)
Want to Know More?
If you have questions or would like more information about any of our products or services, please contact us by phone, email, or by using this information request form. We look forward to hearing from you!